A dental crown (or cap) is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and often used to improve a tooth’s appearance. They can be fabricated by our highly skilled local laboratory from a variety of materials including gold, porcelain fused to gold and all porcelain. Dr. Argenziano can help you to determine which restoration is best for your dental needs.
When is a Dental Crown Needed?
Dental crowns are often needed for the following reasons:
- To protect a tooth that has been weakened by decay and/or a large filling.
- To restore a tooth that has already fully or partially fractured.
- To protect a tooth that has had a root canal.
- To restore misshapened or discolored teeth.
- To cover a dental implant.